Responsible for the assembling of components made into finished goods incl. testing. The role of team leader includes some people management and reporting requirements.
ls using such processes as welding; sewing; pressing; machining and painting, puts together various goods and parts to assemble Generating Sets ready for testing in cooperation with electrical team leader.
The team leader is responsible for the operation of the mechanical part of the Generating set assembly, supporting the Manager with the day-to-day management of their manufacturing area, overseeing a group of members and ensuring an efficient operation in achieving business targets.
Provide leadership and line management to the team, coordinating their workloads, providing support to ensure that the team delivers, monitoring any issues, and ensuring production targets, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and quality standards are met in order to meet the requirements of the customer. Develop the team by focusing on individual performance and support requirements to achieve high standards, whilst fostering a culture of working safely.
- General and Task Management
- Work to ensure people and resources are applied in an efficient and effective manner to meet delivery requirements while achieving quality and safety standards
- Ensure that team members follow defined assembly procedures and comply with quality requirements
- Ensure full adherence to 5S practices at all times
- Ensure equipment is within calibration date and all systems are functioning correctly
- Ensure all records are completed appropriately
- Ensure that non-conforming material is clearly identified and segregated
- Ensure that the escalation procedure for quality concerns is followed
- Ensure achievement of production throughput against stated capacity targets
- Ensure the team are aware of day to day targets and responsibilities
- Manage work order closures and stock control transactions
- Maintain visible lead for adherenceto procedures and instructions
- Carry out incident, accident and non-conformity investigations and associated reporting and action closure
- Monitor change over and/or line set up efficiency
- Monitor and maintain all safety equipment and tools
- Undertake continuous training and development
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
- Identify business improvement opportunities within the organisation
- Identify and deploy the technical skill sets, resource levels and systems to deliver projects, key performance indicators (KPI’s) including the engagement of external resources as required
- Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks in the department